What Do You Need to Rent a Car at Enterprise?

What Do You Need to Rent a Car at Enterprise?
What Do You Need to Rent a Car at Enterprise?
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an American rental car company with locations throughout the United States, offices in five foreign countries and 230 on-site kiosks in airports. As of 2009, customers have the option of choosing from 17 different makes and models, and Enterprise's fleet contains approximately 713,000 cars. There are 19 vehicle classes available, including economy, sport utility, truck, van and hybrid types.

Drivers renting a car from any Enterprise location must possess a valid United States, Canadian or other foreign driver's license. If the foreign license is not printed in English, Enterprise requires renters to also provide an International Driver's Permit. The licensed driver that pays for the rental is considered the primary driver and is responsible for anything that happens to the vehicle.

Credit Card

A major credit card in the renter's name is necessary to rent a car from Enterprise. The card is used to place the initial deposit before a driver first takes out the car. Enterprise requires a deposit to ensure the protection of its vehicles and the deposit is refundable. Once the vehicle is returned, a driver can pay with the same credit card or use a debit card. Traveler's checks are accepted as payment in the United States and Canada.

Age Limits

To rent a car at Enterprise, drivers must be at least 21 years old. For renters younger than 25, there are additional fees because drivers in that age group are more likely to be involved in collisions. The extra fees cover Enterprise's extra risk. The amount of the fees vary by location, but will be included in the total price before a driver has to pay or sign any documents.

Julia Hennessey has been a professional writer and editor since 2003. Her work can be found in the "Paralegal Times" magazine and the "New U" newspaper. She lives in California and her interests include careers, people and music. She graduated from the University of California with a degree in literature.

Other Travel Tips