Taking your family to Disney World can be a wonderful and memorable experience. Packing for your vacation is an important part of planning for your vacation. With a little bit of planning, you can avoid the frustration of not having needed items and the expense of purchasing items at the theme parks.
1. Check with your airline to verify baggage restrictions. Note that many airlines now have baggage fees. If you are driving, determine how many suitcases you can fit in your car. If you plan on purchasing souvenirs, be sure to allocate space for your purchases. You may want to pack a small duffle bag to bring these items home.
2. Think about how long you will be there, how many outfits each person needs and what type of outfits you will need. If you are visiting in the summer, be sure to pack lightweight summer clothing. If you are visiting in the winter, pack clothing that can be layered. The temperature can vary greatly between the day and the night. Unless you are going to be dining at Victoria and Albert’s, all restaurants are casual. Note that Disneyworld Signature restaurants have a business casual dress code.
3. Bring swimsuits for each member of the family. Most pools in the area are heated during the winter months, and the pool is often a highlight of the trip for children.
4. Pack a pair of comfortable walking shoes for each person. Be sure that all shoes have been broken in and do not cause blisters. Bring enough socks for each day you will be at Disneyworld.
5. Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats. The days can often become warm even in fall, winter and spring months.
7. Pack your camera and/or video camera. Bring extra batteries and film. Batteries and film are expensive in the parks.
You can rent single strollers for $8 per day for your entire stay or double strollers for $16 per day for your entire stray. The prices for renting for a single day are slightly higher. You can also bring your own stroller. One of the benefits to bringing your own stroller is that you will have it to use at the resort or in the parking lot. The downside is that you will have to take it on the bus or monorail with you.
ResourcesWalt Disney World
Read Next 5 Articles
Florida beach House Rentals
How to Pack for a Trip to Jamaica
About American Visa Application Forms
Visa Application Forms for India
Visa Application Forms for China