Jamaica is a popular vacation for both couples and families. When deciding what to pack, consider the activities you will be doing in Jamaica. With some planning, you can pack everything you need for a great Jamaican vacation.
1. Contact your airline to determine the baggage requirements for carry-on and checked luggage. Many airlines are now charging baggage fees. You may also want to allocate space in your luggage for souvenirs.
2. Obtain and bring your passport. A U.S. passport is required for all U.S. citizens traveling to the Caribbean by air. If you are traveling by boat, check with the Department of Homeland Security for current requirements.
3. Verify the dress code at your resort. Some all-inclusive resorts have dress codes at specific restaurants.
4. Determine if your hotel, condo or resort has laundry facilities. If you are staying for a lengthy visit and have limited baggage, it may be easier to pack light and do laundry during your stay.
5. Think about how many days you will be in Jamaica and what activities you will do. Based on this, select outfits that mix and match and do not requiring ironing. Light fabrics are often most comfortable in the tropical climate. If you will be spending most of your time relaxing on the beach, you will need fewer outfits, but should bring several swimsuits. If you will be sightseeing, be sure to bring casual clothes and comfortable shoes. You may want to bring an extra outfit for each day to wear out to dinner.
7. Bring beach necessities such as bathing suits, sunscreen, hats and sunglasses. Note that in many resorts you must wear a cover-up in the hotel and restaurants.
8. If you are traveling during the rainy season of spring or fall, you may want rain gear or an umbrella. May and October are typically the rainiest months.
Jamaica’s weather is moderate throughout the year. The average temperature in the winter is 75 degrees F and 80 degrees F in the summer. Check with your resort to see if you need to bring an electronic converter or adaptor for items such as razors, cell phone charges and hair dryers.
Read Next 5 Articles
About American Visa Application Forms
Visa Application Forms for India
Visa Application Forms for China
Best Packing Tips for Travel to Japan
Backpacking Tips for Thailand